Lake George is a fun family vacation destination, close to so many things to do for all age groups. As the name implies, Lake George is a water-based resort town located on the shores of the mighty Lake George. No matter what season you decide to visit, there are year round activities that will entertain all members of your family. The following attractions have been highlighted as Family Attractions:
- Six Flags Great Escape and Splash Water Kingdom (6.9 miles from Scotty’s Resort)
- Lake George Boat Cruises (1.5 miles from Scotty’s Resort)
- Lake George Village (0.5 miles from Scotty’s Resort)
- Lake George Outlet Malls (6.2 miles from Scotty’s Resort)
- Boat Rentals (0.6 miles from Scotty’s Resort)
- Adirondack Extreme (15.1 miles from Scotty’s Resort)
- Lake George Lanes and Games (1.3 miles from Scotty’s Resort)
- Tubby Tubes (7.4 miles from Scotty’s Resort)
- Glen Drive-In Theatre (8.0 miles from Scotty’s Resort)
- Tubing, Guided Lazy River, Rafting, Kayaking
- Ausable Chasm (87.7 miles from Scotty’s Resort)
- Water Slide World (1.7 miles from Scotty’s Resort)
- Go Karts, Bumper Cars (7.5 miles from Scotty’s Resort)
- Miniature Golf (1.2 miles from Scotty’s Resort)
- Beach (1.5 miles from Scotty’s Resort)
While on vacation in Lake George, we know that shopping will be part of your itinerary!
Who can leave Lake George without doing some souvenir shopping? Take a piece of your vacation home with you by collecting tacky trinkets from one of the many specialty shops in the Village. You can never have too many mugs, magnets, key chains or snow globes. Make sure to purchase a few t-shirts that say Lake George or I Love NY on them!
For the more serious shopper, we’ve got the Lake George Factory Outlets and the Adirondack Outlet Mall. People travel far and near to visit these Outlet Centers which boast famous name stores at discounted pricing.
Certainly, if you are staying in a suite with a kitchen, you’ll need to stock up on the basics. We’ve got local grocery stores for food items or forgotten toiletries.
Ask us for directions!
The Lake George Village Trolley
The Lake George Village offers Trolley service directly from Scotty’s Lake George Resort to Lake George Village and beyond. Pick up is approximately every fifteen to thirty minutes, seven days a week during the season.
Riding the trolley is an inexpensive and fun way to get around the town! At just $1 base fare, the price can’t be beat! Be sure to pick up a brochure/schedule in our office.
Choose from two routes:
- North: The North Trolley will head to Bolton Landing, Lake George Village, Diamond Point, Lake Shore Road and several points in between.
- South: The South Trolley runs between Glens Falls and Lake George. If you are going to Great Escape or the Outlets, this is the Trolley you want!
Please note: The trolley is not able to transport bicycles.
We think that Lake George, surrounded by the Adirondack Mountains, is one of the most scenic places for hiking that you’ll find! No matter what your skill level, there is a trail suited for you. From a leisurely stroll to an invigorating hike, the Adirondacks are filled with adventures. If you love the outdoors, stunning scenery, challenging terrains and natural beauty, you won’t be disappointed.
From Scotty’s Lake George Resort, you’ll have your choice of hiking and nature trails to explore. Ask us for more information and we’ll be happy to help you decide which mountain or trail would be best. Enjoy the adventure!
For a full list of hiking trails, click here.